The streets of Pretoria are not only adorned with its famous purple Jacaranda blooms but also with two big purple buses – the Jollyride Purple Bus CC’s Open Top Purple Buses! We acquired and transformed old city council buses into sightseeing cum Party Buses. The buses are licensed to carry 60 passengers each. As required by law, the top deck is partially covered in the middle, but is open on the sides. A bar counter (you must supply your own drinks), radio / CD-system (MP3 with USB port) with 10 speakers and a toilet are also fitted on the buses. The buses are available for charter for office functions, birthday and bachelor parties, marches, weddings, sightseeing tours and for general transport to sport events, golf days, dinner evenings – basically anything!
HOW DOES IT WORK: WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
- We provide the bus with diesel and a driver. What you do on the bus, the music, refreshments and the route to be travelled is for your own arrangements. You can do on the bus what you want, provided you don’t damage the bus and don’t interfere with the bus driver.
- A route must be supplied to us. The buses can only travel on/in highways, city centres, big roads through suburbs and approved city council bus routes. Not all roads are accessible for double decker buses and if trees, bridges, telephone and electricity lines aren’t especially approved on a route, the bus can’t travel on that route. It is still your responsibility to ensure that the driver takes the correct route. The driver holds the right to refuse to drive on an inaccessible route for the bus.
- You can stop where you want to on the approved route. Any visits to restaurants or bars are for your own arrangements. Keep into account that the average stop at a place can take up to 30 – 45 minutes.
- Free entrance and special offers are available from: Rafters Pub, Garsfontein Road: Arline: 082 600 3469 / 071 610 2132 Website: www.rafterspub.co.za
- No stickers may be put on the bus. Banners that are attached to the bus with ropes and magnetic boards are allowed.
- Measurements of the bus: Height: 4.7 m; Length: 11 m.; Width: 2.7 m.
HOW DO YOU BOOK A BUS?
- Decide on a date and contact our booking agent, Ulysses Tours, at 012 653 0018 to find out if a bus is available on that date. We do not take tentative reservations – first come first served.
- Then complete the booking form and fax it to 012 653 4609 together with a 50% deposit of the total cost. This deposit is non-refundable. Should you want to cancel or move the date, a new booking and deposit will have to be made.
- BANKING DETAILS: JOLLY RIDE PURPLE BUS
ABSA Bank Centurion (632005), Cheque Account: 4079190307
- The balance is due 3 weeks before the planned trip.
- After payment, get a booking number from the Ulysses Tours office. This will be your confirmation that the bus is booked.
- A R2000 breakage / “extra time” deposit is also payable. This is refundable after the trip (within a maximum of 2 weeks), should there be no damage to the bus and if we dropped you on the booked time.
Why? People do strange things on our bus when alcohol is involved and people enjoy the trip so much sometimes that they stay longer on the bus than planned.