Ulysses Tours & Coronavirus (COVID-19)
While Ulysses Tours has stringent standard hygiene standards and procedures in place, the following heightened protocols have been implemented to minimise the spread of any airborne and surface-borne bacteria and viruses.
Enhanced protocols to minimise the spread of any airborne and surface-borne bacteria and
viruses have been developed and accepted.
ULYSSES TOURS AND SAFARIS is registered in terms of the Companies Act, 2008. The business performs essential services as indicated in relevant regulations issued as part of the state of disaster declared under The Disaster Management Act, to deal with the Covid-19 crisis. See certificate below.
Precautionary and informative signage is being displayed at our offices and depot.
All vehicles have been fitted with 70% Propyl Alcohol Hand Disinfectant (D-Germ by Braun).
Vehicles are washed daily and sanitised between trips. Industrial anti-bacterial fogging is done once per week. See certificate below.
1) Our offices and depot are cleaned on a daily basis with Disinfectant soap (F10 products).
2) Industrial anti-bacterial fogging is done once per week (by THE HYGIENE FOG, A registered Services Company)
3) Hand disinfectant and informative posters have been placed at all entrances and bathrooms.
4) See certificate below.
1) All staff members have been inducted in a specialised briefing session / educational program on Covid-19 protocol and preventative anti-virus transmission hygiene.
2) Three layered washable facial masks have been issued to all staff members.
3) All staff members are screened daily by a non-contact infrared thermometer for temperature variations as well as an alcohol breathalyser test. (Pre Covid-19)
4) Social distancing is enforced.
5) We are currently working in three different groups in order to avoid possible spreading of the virus.
1) World Health Organisation: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
2) The National Institute for Communicable Diseases: https://www.nicd.ac.za/diseases-a-z-index/covid-19/
3) SA National Department of Tourism: www.tourism.gov.za/Pages/home.aspx
4) World Tourism Organisation: www.unwto.org
5) Global Business Travel Association www.gbta.org
6) FEDHASA: www.fedhasa.co.za
7) SATSA: www.satsa.com
8) TTA: www.tshwanetourism.com