The streets of Gauteng are not only adorned with its famous purple Jacaranda blooms but also with two big purple buses …
Pers Party Bus
The streets of Gauteng are not only adorned with its famous purple Jacaranda blooms but also with two big purple buses – the Jollyride Purple Bus CC’s Open Top Purple Buses! We acquired and transformed old city council buses into sightseeing and Party Buses. The buses are licensed to carry 60 passengers each. The top deck is partially covered in the middle, but is open on the sides. A bar counter (you must supply your own refreshments), LED lights, radio / CD-system (MP3 with USB port) with 10 speakers and a toilet are also fitted on the buses. The buses are available for charter for office functions, birthday and bachelor parties, marches, pride parades, weddings, sightseeing tours and for general transport to sport events, golf days, dinner evenings – basically anything!
HOW DOES IT WORK: WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
- We provide the bus with diesel and a driver. What you do on the bus, the music, visits to venues, refreshments and the route to be travelled are for your own arrangements. You can do anything on the bus, provided you don’t damage the bus and don’t interfere with the bus driver.
- A route must be supplied to us. The buses can only travel on/in highways, city centres, big roads through suburbs and approved city council bus routes. Not all roads are accessible for double decker buses and if trees, bridges, telephone and electricity lines aren’t especially approved on a route, the bus can’t travel on that route. It remains your responsibility to ensure that the driver takes the correct route but the driver holds the right to refuse to drive on an inaccessible route for the bus.
- You can stop where you want to on the approved route. Free entrance and special offers are available from (we recommend arranging with the venues beforehand)
- Rafters Pub, Garsfontein Road: Arline: 082 600 3469 / 071 610 2132 Website: www.rafterspub.co.za
- Market at The Sheds, Pretoria Central (certain dates only), contact Mareli, 082 854 6854, www.marketatthesheds.co.za
- Fokof Bar, 297 Lynnwood Road, Menlo Park, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lucky Rodrigo, C/o The Hillside Street & Alpine Way Lynnwood, 012 348 8937
- The Lion’s Den at Hotel 224 , Arcadia Pretoria, rooftop venue / bar, 012 440 5281, www.hotel224.com
- Skyline Bar at Protea Hotel by Marriott Loftus Park, Kirkness Street, Arcadia, Pretoria,
Tel: 012 030 0420
- Beefcakes Pretoria, 18th Street & Dely, Hazelwood Village: Tel: 012 941 9966
- Two and a Half Amigos, 18 Dely Road,Hazelwood, 064 682 6264. i. Railways Café, Irene, 2 Hack Road, 084 018 5098, email@example.com
- Railways Café, Irene, 2 Hack Road, 084 018 5098, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Relish Bistro, Hatfield, Springbok Park, Tel: 012 747 3651
www.relishbistro.co.za Contact Anzea 060 843 2711; email@example.com
- Dial-a-Picnic, picnic baskets, boxed food, outdoor dining experiences, Tel: 083 744 2866, firstname.lastname@example.org; www.dialapicnic.co.za
HOW DO YOU BOOK A BUS?
- Decide on a date and contact our booking agent, Ulysses Tours, at 012 653 0018 or email@example.com to find out if a bus is available on that date. We do not take tentative reservations – first come first served.
- Complete the booking form together with a 50% deposit of the total cost and a copy of your ID, and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The 50% deposit is non-refundable. Should you want to cancel or move the date, a new booking and deposit are required.
- The balance amount and your proposed route are due 3 weeks before the planned trip.
- Cancellations received less than 48 hours before the excursion will be charged a 100% cancellation fee. Cancellations received more than 48 hours before the excursion will be charged 50% of the full rate.
- After payment, get a booking number from the Ulysses Tours office. This will be your only confirmation that the bus is booked. Paying a deposit or sending a booking form doesn’t guarantee a booking.
- A R2500 breakage / “extra time” deposit is also payable. This is refundable after the trip (within a maximum of 2 weeks), should there be no damage to the bus and if we dropped you on the booked time.
BANKING DETAILS: JOLLY RIDE PURPLE BUS CC
ABSA Bank Centurion (632005), Cheque Account: 4079190307
- Why? People do strange things on our bus when alcohol is involved and sometimes want to stay longer on the bus than planned. You cannot pay the driver cash for extra hours. It will be deducted from your deposit.